(Republican Party News) – Remember when Chris Wallace left Fox News to go and help CNN develop a program for their soon-to-be streaming service? Well, as it turns out, those dreams were pretty short lived.
In fact, CNN+ has already bitten the dust. Just weeks after it first debuted. It was spectacular watching it all fall apart. After all, CNN led the charge against President Donald Trump, using all of their vast resources to attack him and anyone who dared support him and his policies, which put the United States first.
Well, according to WND, Wallace has broken his silence on the issue, stating that he’s not sure where his career is headed now that the streaming service has gone bye-bye.
However, Wallace did state that he’s in “good shape whether it’s at CNN or someplace else,” according to a report from Mediaite.
“Wallace was speaking Sunday at a live-streamed meeting of a New York City-area group called the Common Ground Committee, which aims to promote ‘public discourse.’ Joining Wallace on the panel was Jonathan Karl, chief Washington correspondent of ABC News,’ the WND report said.
“The event was moderated by former CBS News correspondent Jacqueline Adams, with the topic ‘Media, Politics, and Polarization.’ About 20 minutes into the forum, she put the question of the future of news streaming services directly to Wallace,” the report continued.
“Chris, the proverbial elephant in the room is the surprising announcement that CNN+ is shutting down at the end of this week. How should news consumers react,” she went on to ask.
“Are there already enough choices for news sources out there and are the days of streaming already over?” she continued.
“Wow that was quick,” Wallace responded. “It’s an interesting thing and I’ve been a victim of all of this in the last week.”
The CNN streaming service was launched on March 29, and after just a month, CNN+ was pulled by its parent company, Warner Bros. Discovery. The company announced the streaming service would be officially shut down on April 30.
“When I came over to CNN+, there were some very smart people… who were saying that the future of cable news was in great jeopardy because of that fact that you’re seeing people unbundle. They’re not getting these big, getting these big, expensive 50-channel cable deals anymore…” Wallace said.
“This was just a wave of the future and the idea was you’ve got to get a foothold in the streaming world because that’s where the future of news off the mainstream networks is going to be,” he added.
“Now you have some equally smart people that have come in with a diametrically opposed view. These are the new bosses at CNN+ — Warner Bros. Discovery — who’ve come to the conclusion that to have a narrow, niche product like a news streaming service doesn’t work,” Wallace stated.
“I have absolutely no idea which is right and wrong, but the Discovery people are in charge and so they made the decision,” Wallace continued.
So it seems that Wallace is all pretty nonchalant about this whole project falling apart in record breaking time. Pretty poised and collected in his response, wouldn’t you say?
Well, this attitude is in rather stark contrast to the reports that had come out about how he was handling the collapse of the streaming service while it was still going on.
Daily news reports about the collapse of CNN+ kept getting worse and worse, leading to Wallace reportedly having “daily breakdowns” and even had his staff monitor how often promotions for his program were played.
“At Sunday’s event, Wallace also noted how quickly the media landscape had changed, especially in light of the Netflix announcement last week that it had lost 200,000 subscribers in the first quarter of the year, leading its stock to plummet by 35 percent, as CNBC reported,” the report stated.
“Two weeks ago, streaming was king,” he went on to say. “Now, we’ve had the decision on CNN+. The bad forecast about subscribers at Netflix. And suddenly, streaming is in ICU on life support.”
Wallace was anchoring an interview show, “Who’s Talking to Chris Wallace” on the failed streaming service.
Wallace went on to tell Adams that he wasn’t concerned about himself, but was worried about all of the folks who worked for the streaming service who are now out of a job.
“I am going to be fine. I’m in good shape, whether it’s at CNN or someplace else. Frankly, what I’m mostly concerned about right now – and very – is my team and hundreds of other people,” Wallace stated.
“There were 300 people, I think, that had jobs at CNN+. Some of them had left CNN to go to streaming. Some of them had left other places, moved across the country. And so I think you’re seeing a lot of the anchors at CNN+ doing everything they can to protect the people that were working on their team,” he continued.
As the knight in that one Indiana Jones movie said, Wallace “chose poorly” when he decided to go over to CNN. Good luck getting a respectable position somewhere else now.
Copyright 2022. RepublicanPartyNews.org